Coffin Hop 2012 Blog Hop with Giveaway
It’s that time again! Halloween is around the corner and the creepy crawlies are coming out to play! My own piece of coffin inspired horror-ness is still on the back burner, but someday DEVOUR will be ready for your reading pleasure.
I do love the underbelly of fiction and movies. Recently, I’ve been all about old school horror movies.
So as a thank you to my readers, I have a special Halloween inspired giveaway just for you. Comment below and you can win your choice of either a preview of next years DEATH BY DRIVE-IN Coffin Hop Anthology OR I will let you have an exclusive sneak peek at the first third of DEVOUR.
Check out my list of top 10 horror movies below and leave me your thoughts. Do you agree? What would you add to my list? What would you remove?
Top 10 Horror Movies by Pavarti K Tyler
I have recently discovered there’s a fundamental flaw in my marriage. One I hadn’t anticipated when I met, fell in love and married by beloved. Now, 17 years after our first date, I’m finding that he’s not the man I need, at least not in terms of movies. You see, I LOVE horror movies. And he does not.
I’m not a big fan of the slasher, for the sake of it horror flicks like Halloween or I Know What You Did Last Summer. I prefer something a little more classic and something totally more disturbing. I love vampires and genetic mutants and monsters of all kinds. I want to see them eat, manipulate and terrify the characters in a film. But I also know, that often, people are the scariest monsters of all.
Unfortunately, no one will go see these movies with me. My children are too young, my husband to much of a girl, and my friends tend to be more into seeing the next Twilight Movie (which I’ll totally see, but still!) So what happens? I end up sitting in my basement alone, late at night, trying to talk the dog into getting on the couch and protecting me from the things that go bump in the night.
And I love every minute of it.
So here are my top 10 movie pics. You may not agree that they are all scary, but they all sure as hell crept into my brain and laid babies that continue to squiggle around in my mind, leaving me to think of them at the worst times, like at night, when I’m home alone, and someone left the shower curtain closed!
- Pan’s Labrynth Beautiful and haunting, this is a perfect adult fairy-tale.
- Alien The scariest monsters in movie making history
- Aliens If you thought the first one was scary you weren’t paying attention, it is possible to improve on perfection
- Let The Right One In A 12 yearold homicidal vampire makes a new best friend
- The Omen Classic horror perfection
- The People Under the Stairs This one has ewey and gooey is spades
- The Hills Have Eyes I haven’t actually managed to see this one all the way through, will someone come hold my hand??
- Silence of the Lambs There is nothing as scary as the things we aren’t shown.
- Blade 2 While not exactly horror, I just love this movie. It’s so gruesomely nasty, full of creative monsters and bucketloads of blood
- Primal Force Ron Perlman with brain eating monkeys. Who could want more?
Which of these have you seen?
Oh, I can’t believe I forgot! I’m also completely obsessed with the Ginger Snaps Movies. I’m watching #2 RIGHT NOW!